Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Catching Up

I’ve wanted to start another blog since I started grad school. I really enjoyed blogging about my adventures in Ireland, but I had things to talk about then! But then again, I don’t expect many people to read this anyway, so here I go again!

I started grad school at Vanderbilt in August, so I’ve been here for a semester (3 to go!). I am studying Higher Education Administration – and no, that is not to be a High School principal! I’m not exactly sure what I want to do right away, but my dream is to one day end up back at UT either working for them or Texas Exes (the alumni association). To pay for my school, I was lucky enough to get a job as a Graduate Assistant in the Office of the Dean of students where I am getting a lot of experience that I hope will help me get a job after graduation!

Another thing that I have started since August is going to a fitness boot camp 5 times a week in the mornings. I wake up at 5:15, sweat my butt off, feel like I’m about to pass out most mornings, swear I’m never coming back, and then do it all again the next day! I have really come to love this part of my life, not only because I have gotten into great shape, but also because the people are wonderful. It is a women-only class and the ladies have just adopted me and provided me with invaluable support! I love you guys!

Anyway, my first semester went by fast, and I have a feeling the next year and a half will too! So, without taking up too much time/space, here was my first semester of grad school (pictures to come):

Boot Camp – Study – Work – Study

Titans game Caught a pre-season game. Titans v. Saints. Honestly can't remember who won, but it was a fun experience (even if the stadium is smaller than most college stadiums that come to mind).

All for the Hall Concert (Keith Urban, Vince Gill, John Mayer, Dolly Parton, Miranda Lambert, Alan Jackson, Charley Pride, Alison Krauss, Martina McBride, and Billy Currington) – Great seats, amazing show!!

Austin trip – Went back to check in on my Longhorns and friends in Austin. Great weekend, but made me a little homesick for my undergrad days. P.S. Have no fear, the Horns will be back next season with a vengeance and our basketball team is on its way for making up the slack!

GARTH BROOKS – 4th row seats for $30 aka BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE!

Boot Camp – Study – Work – Study

Yep, that’s about it.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment